LOVE!!!

The first time my husband and I met, we spent the whole day on my apartment couch talking. I believe that is where we started the liking phase of the Triangle Theory of Love. After spending every day together, our friendship grew into more than just that. We eventually started talking about our future together and we shared our goals and ambitions. It wasn't until we were able to fully open up, and give the other person the attention and love they desired, that our love grew into what I think was more of a fatuous love. We had the elements of passion and commitment, but we had yet to fully add the emotional aspect. That would follow later, once we were married. Once we decided to get married, I think our love fully bloomed into consummate love. We were completely committed to one another, and we had also combined the other two aspects which are passion and intimacy. My wedding day was perfect and one that I will never forget! I was surrounded by friends and family members who were there to support my life-changing decision. I know that over time, the components that make up these theories will change, but I know that the love I have for my husband won't. I know that we have to work each day at building upon every aspect of our marriage. I can't let the little things come into my marriage that will chance altering or changing the types of love I feel towards my husband. If they do alter it, I need to recognize them, and change them for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment